The aims of my role are centred around helping You to lead a happier, more content and fulfilling life where you can be freer from anxiety, stress and low mood to appreciate and enjoy the endless wonderful elements of ourselves and our lives.
Following becoming qualified in 2006, I am: –
- An accredited Counsellor and Psychotherapist by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) since 2009. As such I work within their Ethical Framework for Good Practise.
- Fully Qualified with a First Class Honours Degree from Derby University in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and have a Diploma in Counselling
- Professionally Experienced having been in practise since 2006
- Registered with most major private healthcare providers offering therapy to their members.
- Affiliated with a number of organisations to provide trauma recovery and psychological support
- Affiliated counsellor with 12 Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP’s) to provide counselling and psychotherapy ( EAP’s provide confidential support for employees of organisations from councils to small enterprises to large corporates).
- A registered provider of complimentary therapy with the NHS (National Independent Provider Code – 8GT71)
- Fully trained EMDR Practitioner
- Fully insured for Professional Indemnity by Royal and Sun Alliance.
I have always been passionate about promoting mental health. In my mid-twenties, I was seeking a vocation that gave me true purpose in an area of genuine interest and where I could apply my competencies. This lead me to begin training as a psychotherapist in 2003. Over the next 4 years, I undertook voluntary roles helping young people in drug prevention agency and vulnerable adults at a homeless hostel whilst studying and maintaining a full-time job.
Over the last 14 years, I have worked with many organisations and with hundreds of individuals. I believe that all therapy is very personal and has to fit with you, therefore my primary focus is always to work with your interests at the forefront. This means that I look to provide a caring and accepting environment where we can work together to fulfil you aims of therapy. As I bring knowledge, expertise and experience as a psychotherapist, you bring your knowledge, expertise and experience of being You.
I continue to professionally develop in a number of ways by endless reading, attending courses and workshops, undertaking additional qualifications, regular supervision, peer support and open and honest self-reflection. These practises help to ensure that I remain competent, compassionate and able to work at the highest possible standard.
I work with a diverse range of clients with the aim of fulfilling their requirements of therapy.
All you need to do is just send us a message via the form below.