The aims of our role are centred around helping You to lead a happier, more content and fulfilling life where you can be freer from anxiety, stress and low mood to appreciate and enjoy the endless wonderful elements of ourselves and our lives.
Duncan Quinney - BSc (Hons)
- I am accredited by the (BACP) since 2009. As such I work within their Ethical Framework for Good Practise.
- Fully Qualified with a First Class Honours Degree from Derby University in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and have a Diploma in Counselling
- Professionally Experienced having been in practise since 2006
- Registered with most major private healthcare providers offering therapy to their members.
- Affiliated with a number of organisations to provide trauma recovery and psychological support
- Affiliated counsellor with 12 Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP’s) to provide counselling and psychotherapy
- Fully trained EMDR Practitioner
- Fully insured for Professional Indemnity
I have always been passionate about promoting mental health. In my mid-twenties, I was seeking a vocation that gave me true purpose in an area of genuine interest and where I could apply my competencies. This lead me to begin training as a psychotherapist in 2003. Over the next 4 years, I undertook voluntary roles helping young people in drug prevention agency and vulnerable adults at a homeless hostel whilst studying and maintaining a full-time job.
Over the last 16 years, I have worked with many organisations and with hundreds of individuals. I believe that all therapy is very personal and has to fit with you, therefore my primary focus is always to work with your interests at the forefront. This means that I look to provide a caring and accepting environment where we can work together to fulfil you aims of therapy. As I bring knowledge, expertise and experience as a psychotherapist, you bring your knowledge, expertise and experience of being You.
I continue to professionally develop in a number of ways by endless reading, attending courses and workshops, undertaking additional qualifications, regular supervision, peer support and open and honest self-reflection. These practises help to ensure that I remain competent, compassionate and able to work at the highest possible standard.
Stephanie Hayes - BSc (Hons)
- I am a member of the BACP
- Extensively qualified allowing the provision of a high quality holistic and
- 30 years experience in helping professions
- Wide reaching experience within the multi-disciplinary team, including
Safeguarding Champion, providing support to people during times of
vulnerability and trauma.
- Fully insured for professional indemnity.
My career in the helping professions began over 30 years ago in the NHS where I worked as a nurse, midwife, Supervisor of Midwives and neonatal midwife.
Having been trained to Master’s level in high dependency care I am experienced in working with people when they feel vulnerable and traumatised. This experience developed my belief in the value and importance of debriefing following significant events.
Over recent years I was given the opportunity to study psychotherapy, which has become my passion. The power of listening, feeling heard, the development of self-awareness and emotional intelligence can be life changing.
With the provision of a relationship in which you feel safe you can be nurtured to understand yourself and the dynamics of your relationships with others.
In my care, theoretical knowledge of the Person Centred Approach, psychoanalysis, behaviourism and neuroscience is used to create a bespoke therapeutic service tailored to meet your individual needs.
We work with a diverse range of clients with the aim of fulfilling their requirements of therapy.
All you need to do is just send us a message via the form below.