As an Accredited and Experienced Counsellor and Psychotherapist, my primary focus is always to work with your interests at the forefront.
- Accredited Counsellor and Psychotherapist by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (member ref: 566477). As such I work within their Ethical Framework for Good Practise which can be viewed in full by clicking on: –www.bacp.co.uk/ethical_framework/– or you can simply e-mail me and I shall forward a copy to you.
- An affiliated counsellor with 12 Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP’s). EAP’s provide confidential support for employees of organisations from councils to small enterprises to large corporates.
- Registered with 3 major private healthcare providers offering therapy to their members.
- A registered provider of complimentary therapy with the NHS (National Independent Provider Code – 8GT71)
- Fully trained EMDR Practitioner
- Fully insured for Professional Indemnity by Royal and Sun Alliance.
- A Counsellor for a Walsall Counselling agency providing counselling for the residents of the Borough of Walsall and providing counselling for young people in secondary schools
Having left university, I worked in a range or business roles but found myself searching for a vocation that I was truly passionate about. I wanted a vocation that I could apply my competencies to, that I felt had a genuine purpose and was of genuine interest to me. I wanted to do something that I felt was a positive contribution to society as a whole and to enjoy what I was doing. Having always had an interest in psychology and the human condition, a friend told me of a counselling course she was undertaking and after careful consideration, in 2003, I began to train as a counsellor. Over the course of 3 years, I worked with young people in a drug harm minimisation age and with vulnerable adults in a homeless hostel.
It was also around this time I became interested in Hypnotherapy when I experienced the profound and life-changing effects it had on someone close to me when she was suffering from severe panic attacks. Following just the first session she was able to begin to start living her life again and after just 3 sessions she had gained coping strategies and could once more be self-supportive. This lead me to begin studying to be able to help others in the way my friend had been helped.
I believe that all therapy is very personal and has to fit with you, therefore my primary focus is always to work with your interests at the forefront. This means that I work in a very caring, conscientious and safe manner to ensure that you receive the maximum benefit possible and understand everything that is going to happen and why. I continue to professionally develop in a number of ways by endless reading, attending courses and workshops, regular supervision, meeting with peers and open and honest self reflection. These practises help guide what I do to ensure that the therapy I offer is always ethical and to a highest possible standard.
I work with a diverse range of clients with the aim of fulfilling their requirements of therapy.
All you need to do is just send us a message via the form below.