There are huge benefits to keeping a journal from being able to offload and express yourself to making plans for the future – click here for a related post about the benefits of writing.
How do we start though? What do I do? What shall I write?
These are all very common questions that can stop us from starting. Doing Something is more helpful than doing nothing. So scrawling on a napkin would help more than being alone with you thoughts.
A good starting point is the format – What shall I use to journal? Options can be: –
- A word document that’s password protected. Open up a new document and start by typing the date.
- Buy a note book and start by writing the date
- Buy a diary.
- Go to the AppStore and experiment with a journal or diary app
What do I write? How do I get started?
You may want to think of a few questions to answer such as: –
- How am I feeling today?
- What am I looking forward to today?
- How do I want my life to be?
- What 5 things do I like about my life/myself at the moment?
- What emotions are affecting me today?
- What do I need today?
- What would I change in my life?
As stated above, Doing Something is more helpful than doing nothing.